Marshall, Gene, The Enigma of Consciousness, Realistic Living Press, Bonham, TX, 2012. Chapter 14.
Attuned Working (excerpts from Chapter 14 please read the original material for complete context)
1) When our enigmatic attentionality pays attention to the I Am in its relation to the future, we also discovery something about the Overall Reality in which the I Am is embedded.
2) Reality is not a fixed fate automatically working itself out like a piece of recorded music.
3) Rather, Reality is an open-to-options fluidity that can turn out in a large number of ways, many of which can seem impossible or miraculous to our self-contained personality and ego establishment.
4) In this sense, Attuned Working means living beyond fate.
5) It means giving up all fatalism.
6) This does not mean that we create our own reality, as so many false teachers claim.
7) We do indeed create the worlds that our minds believe to be true, but these creations are all human made and therefore illusory in some or all of their components.
8) The effects of these self-created mind-worlds on the actual course of history are unpredictable and always tragic in some way or another.
9) These self-created mind-worlds always involve some sort of neglect of Reality and thereby yield disappointments so extreme that despair eventually overwhelms the so-called reality creator.
10) So I call this aspect of the I Am not creating reality but Attuned Working.
11) The Jesus in Johns Gospel says, My Father is working still, and I am working.
12) I read that to mean attuned working working in the context of what-is-doing in the overall course of things.
13) Attuned working pays attention to what is going on and is then obedient to that working, not in some robotic fashion, but as a free being attuned to the real options.
14) Such living can be very powerful, for our tiny little actions can instigate an echo from the whole of Reality.
15) When out of his deep awareness and honesty, Martin Luther nailed some discussion topics on a cathedral door, he could not have imagined the echo Reality would give to his action.
16) It was as if the whole of European history turned on the pivot of this mans persistent working.
17) Attuned Working may not be this dramatic in the lives of most of us, but each of us is this same potential for Attuned Working within the times of our lives.
18) I also call this aspect of the I Am Obedient Implementation, for it involves an intentionality that is simultaneously obedient to the reality of our intentional power and to the historical circumstances within which that intentional power is occurring.
19) By Implementation, I am talking about getting things done and about marches on some Jerusalem that can lead to our loss or death.
20) Such placements of our bodies may not result in torture or death, but scorn of some sort can be expected as part of the result of any persistent action that is attuned to the actual course of Reality.
21) Illusions are so firmly established in the lives of the multitudes, and especially their leaders, that we can expect scorn and surprisingly angry persecution from some in this well-established Liars Kingdom.
22) Attuned Working can break through our personality habits as a state of being that happens to us from time to time.
23) And we can also come to recognize this quality as a permanent station of the I Am that we never need to leave.
Read one of the lines from this reading that caught your attention.
Where have you felt yourself caught in a cycle of fate (2)
What is a real miracle (3)
How is Attuned Working different than creating your own reality (6 9) What is Attuned Working (12) (10 - 19) What examples of Attuned Working can you share from your own life experience
What does it mean to be obedient in the context of Sentence 18 What can be the consequence of this kind of obedient implementation
Why does it often not end well for the obedient folks, the good guys of history (19 21)
What other line or concept would you like to have the group explore with grounding experiences
What question of this material would you like to discuss with the author for further clarification or guidance .(How would anyone else address this question)
How might I live my life differently because of the awareness provoked in this material